Orrcon Steel is a leading Australian manufacturer and distributor of steel, tube and pipe.
They employ over 500 Australians who use their steel industry knowledge and experience to produce and supply reliable steel products.
Brief History - Orrcon Steel
Orrcon Steel was formed from the merger of Welded Tube Mills and Hills Tubing
division in October, 2000.
In February 2005, Hills Holdings acquired 100% of the Orrcon Steel company.
Hills Holdings was founded in 1946 and are makers of the iconic Hills Hoist.
- In 2007 we acquired the Impressive Group from Western Australia.
In 2010 we added the SteelBarn business which included the acquisition of five
branches in QLD.
In February 2014, BlueScope Steel acquired Orrcon Steel from Hills Holdings.
We are now a wholly owned subsidiary of BlueScope Steel Ltd. BlueScope Steel
is a flat product steel producer with operations in Australia, Asia, New Zealand,
North America and Pacific Islands.
At Orrcon Steel we recognise that our success is derived from a flexible and nimble approach to market opportunities and our long-term success depends on our ability to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of our customers. We also understand that the quality of our products; services and delivery performance are critical.
“We'll see it through” is more than a tag line next to our brand. It is a statement that says a lot about our business and the people who work for Orrcon Steel. It is a part of our culture and it reflects our relationships both internally and externally.
All of our steel is manufactured, inspected and tested to comply with one or more of the following standards:
- Quality Management Systems AS/NZS ISO 9001
- NATA accredited test facilities to ISO/IEC 17025
- Structural – AS/NZS 1163 Structural steel hollow sections
- Precision - AS1450 and the demands of the industry in all aspects of the product
- ALLGAL® standard AS4750 Electro - galvanised (zinc) coating on ferrous hollows and open sections.
- Low pressure water/gas pipe - to AS1074 and ASTM A 53/A 53M tubes and tubulars for standard service
- Fire Sprinkler pipe CSIRO ActivFire® approved to comply with FAS 119/120 and AS4118.2.1
- Oil and Gas linepipe API Specification 5L
- Casing & Tubing - API 5CT and AS1396 Steel water bore casing
Read More about the Quality of Orrcon Steel
Orrcon Steel is a 14 year sponsor of the Australian V8 Supercar championship and is a proud supporter of the Prodrive Racing Australia Team.
The V8’s reflect the dynamic culture of Orrcon Steel – dedication and commitment, competitive and innovative, passion to win, and leveraging the advantage of cutting edge technology. Like its race team, Orrcon Steel is prepared to rise to the occasion and take on challenges as they occur.